Monday, September 14, 2009

Hairy Men.

It's hard to believe that we exist in a world where there are spiritual beings surrounding us. If we could see what really lived amongst us, I reckon we'd be so amazed. 

The people on here on Tiwi are extremely superstitious and spiritual. At night they see centaurs, hairy men, werewolves and other beings. The hairy men are the ones that are seen the most, there is a story that they will kidnap girls if they're on their own at night and then marry them. 

I used to think that they were just scary stories that were told amongst the people, but the strange thing is that the Tiwi's actually see them. 

A friend of mine said that one night when some tiwi girls where in their bedroom they started screaming, they were yelling that there was a hairy man there. There was no one else visible in the room but the girls were all screaming and pointing at a certain spot. The girls said that he would take them. My friend said, no he can't hurt us because we are protected by Jesus and then she said a prayer. The girls immediately stopped screaming and started laughing hysterically instead. They said that he was now tickling their feet. My friend prayed again and said that in the name of Jesus you will not touch these girls. The girls stopped laughing and they then said that the hairy man was just standing there watching them. One of the girls spoke to him and said tickle my feet again, but he said that he was not allowed to. The girls were completely amazed at how the authority of Jesus was able to protect them from this being. 

Apparently there is also a werewolf man that works on a building down by the waterhole. He has pointy ears and when there is a full moon he turns into a wolf. My little friend from the primary school told me that he is a good werewolf though and he doesn't want to hurt people.

I'm not sure if these beings are real or not, but i do know that the Tiwi people honestly see these beings. When they speak of the creatures they talk like it's completely normal. I can tell that when the Tiwi talk about them it's nothing but what they truly see and believe. 

I think that because the tiwi's are so open to a spiritual world, they so readily believe in Jesus. It's a childlike faith. I wish that I could have that same simple faith without me making it complicated. 








2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's some crazy stuff. But im in agreeance with you on the childlike faith side of things. Why do we always have to make everything complicated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowsies, dude thats crazy stuff!!

    thanks for sharing that... we need to pray in Jesus name more often I think.

    Looking forward to more updates like this.

    ReplyDelete